Things that have come to light in the 18th week of my pregnancy:
- Buying a Bella Band is a must. I recently purchased one and felt human again when I was able to wear my jeans. Don’t get me wrong, I love leggings but let’s be honest-sometimes they make our butts look bigger.
- The holidays are the best time to be pregnant! You can eat cookies with no guilt and everyone seems to make sure the pregnant person eats first and has dessert to take home. :) This may be the first year that my New Year’s Resolution does not include dieting, #WINNING!
- I have finally learned to pace myself in the Pregnancy Bible, What to Expect When You’re Expecting. Yes, reading the chapter for the month that actually pertains to you is not as overwhelming as reading multiple chapters ahead.
- Registering for your baby is a lot more fun than the wedding registry-everything is so tiny and cute! Mom and I spent 3 hours in one store and could have easily stayed longer but they were closing. Well, to clarify I could have stayed longer, Mom had already found a rocker recliner to sit in. #TrueStory
- Weird dreams do happen, don’t over analyze them. For instance, the other night I dreamed we found out the gender during the sono and when I saw it was a boy, I started crying my eyes out. Up to interpretation if I cried because I found out the gender or because I thought I was having a boy.
- And then there was heartburn, backaches, and a whole lot of excitement. Just buy some Tums, turn on the heating pad and enjoy this exciting time!