Its Friday, happy weekend! For those of you that can go unwind with a glass of wine, or beer-Enjoy! For those of you that cannot drink alcohol at the moment, I thought I would share some fun drink ideas for the weekend. Water tends to get boring when you are pregnant-so spice it up!
If you are in a hurry and heading out the door, you can check your local stores for any of the following:
- VIGNETTE, it looks like wine but is really juice! I have to thank my friend Alana for informing me about this gem. If you still have not announced your pregnancy, and want to hang out with your boozy friends, this comes in a wine bottle aka they will never know the difference!
- When I was a kid, my parents would let my brother and I drink Sparkling Cider at Christmas and Thanksgiving dinner. Of course, we thought we were soooo grown up drinking out of fancy glasses . This past year, mom made sure to have a bottle ready for me at dinner again
- You could always go with a non-alcoholic beer such as O’Douls. Just be aware, that while it is branded as non-alcoholic, it does have a small trace-.4% per volume. As with any product, just check the label.
If you are hosting a party and need ideas, try some below:
- Sparkling Cran Razzy —1/2 cup raspberries, 2 cups raspberry juice, 2 cup seltzer, 2 tablespoons lime juice.
- The old-fashioned Shirley Temple is made with Ginger Ale, Splash of Grenadine, and garnished with a cherry. You can order in any restaurant or bar. I also like to order mine with Sprite as opposed to ginger ale.
- Rasberry Spritzer —2 cups of seltzer, 2/3 cup frozen raspberries, 2 springs of mint, 3 ounces of raspberry flavored syrup, and don’t forget the ice.
Get creative-mix your favorite juices with seltzer just don’t forget the garnishes:) Cheers, Tara